Monday, November 23, 2009

"The school of Athens"



How can art be a mirror of the society?


An artwork in a specific period of time can represent that time age. Mant artists drew and painted many differents kinds of paintings. There were frescos, portraits, landscape and more. All of these paintings have there unique style and way that has been painted. This style is mainly effected by the era that the painting has been painted. For example, if the painting is from the middle ages, it will be 2-D shaped and mostly religious. However, is the painting is from the Renaissance, it will generally be secular and will use many kinds of techniques such as vanishing point, linear perspective, light and shade etc. So, the we can say that the paintings reflect the society by showing their techniques and styles that has been mainly used.





The one whom I want to be....


If I could be someone in the painting, I would like to be Pythagorus. Pythagorus was a great mathematician who lived from B.C.E 569 ~ B.C.E 475. Pythagorus came out with some great ideas that are still used nowadays. However, like Leonardo Da Vinci, he tried to hide his work. Although Pythagprus had found out many things and many many laws, such as the Pythagorean theory, he didn't show his work to the public. So, some people say that stories and legends were built around him. He also had his 10 laws that his students and followers always had to be aware of. One of them was "Do not touch a pea." This was because he thought that the small pea was represented as a number. During the researches, I found out that Pythagorus had a lot common with me. I like working with problems and solving them out. However, I don't want to show my work unless it is perfect. Also, Pythagorus' laws inspired me to have a way of thinking you will always follow. In the picture, Pythagorus is explaining something to about 4 people. Like this, I don't like lecturing in front of many people. I just like explainig to a small group of people which makes me more comfortableThat is why I want to be the Pythagorus in the picture "School of Athens".

No comments:

Post a Comment